Hello from PEI

New members, introduce yourselves!
icching
Name: Ilse Peters

Hello from PEI

Post by icching » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:26 pm

Hi Everyone!

I am from the very eastern tip of PEI and was given this direction to this site by the guy from John's Home Brew in Charlottetown. I'm more into making wines, but am interested in beer as we have our own hops. So far what I've seen has been very interesting and I'm looking forward to learning more!

Cheers!
Ilse

chalmers
Name: Chris

Re: Hello from PEI

Post by chalmers » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:35 pm

Welcome aboard! We'll get you converted to beer soon enough. ;)

Do you know what type of hops you are growing?

Please ask away, we are here to help!

Lisa J
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Lisa James

Post by Lisa J » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:40 pm

Welcome! We made a beer using hops grown by a friend this summer (unknown variety, but likely cascade). He was so impressed that he plans to double his hop production next year :)

:welcome:
On Tap at The Frisky Lemur Pub: Pumpkin Spice Ale; Frisky Lemur IPA; ESB; CranApple Cider; RazBerliner
Fermenting/Conditioning/Bottled: Joyeux Noel Holiday Spiced Ale; NEIPA
On Deck: Altbier; NEIPA; Oatmeal Stout

icching
Name: Ilse Peters

Post by icching » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:04 am

Not hard to convert to beer! We grow Cascade, but only have about 25 vines. Learning as we go. We had a very dry summer, and I was too preoccupied to with other issues to mind them, which resulted in poor yields. Next year will be better! They sure are heavy feeders, and we need to get some sort of irrigation tank set up.

I did set a Cooper's kit of IPA and will be adding the dry Cascade to them. First try. I know that is bare basics of brewing righter now, lol, but will have to do! I'm more into wine, and have more experience in that area. We also grow two acres of haskaps, black/red currants, blackberries, and high bush blueberries, and have access to tons of wild blueberries. I'd like to experiment with some fruit liqueurs too.

Return to “New Member Introductions”