Hello! I'm New. Active long time brewer just moved from Saskatchewan

New members, introduce yourselves!
BrewG
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Gerard

Hello! I'm New. Active long time brewer just moved from Saskatchewan

Post by BrewG » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:20 am

Hi all! Just moved from Saskatchewan. I have about 40 brews to date. All grain. Looking forward to coming out to the brew meetings and meeting fellow beer enthusiasts. My wife and two kids flew here last week. Our moving truck is about 2 weeks behind us. So I'm without my brewery and keezer for a bit. So far I'm enjoying 9 locks and Garrison. In Saskatchewan I had easy access to Canadian 2 row 55lbs cost me about $32. Where can I get my CO2 tank filled and other base grains in Dartmouth or area? How's the water here? Do you guys filter? I like IPA's I usually didn't treat the water in Saskatoon unless making a light beer. Can't wait to get some wort in the fermenters. Cheers!

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Re: Hello! I'm New. Active long time brewer just moved from Saskatchewan

Post by LiverDance » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Welcome. Lots of great information on the stickies at the top of most sub fourms. Everwood ave brewshop, Maritime wine and spirits, and Noble grape are all great spots to get ingredients although we also do group buys to keep our costs down. Water here is very soft, you can find the report online at Halifax waters website. Lots of great IPA's around these parts now but king of the hill for those is Unfiltered Brewing.
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Sandy MacNeil

Post by GAM » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Maritime Wine and Beer may be easier to find.

S

Lisa J
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Lisa James

Post by Lisa J » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:40 am

:welcome:
On Tap at The Frisky Lemur Pub: Pumpkin Spice Ale; Frisky Lemur IPA; ESB; CranApple Cider; RazBerliner
Fermenting/Conditioning/Bottled: Joyeux Noel Holiday Spiced Ale; NEIPA
On Deck: Altbier; NEIPA; Oatmeal Stout

Return to “New Member Introductions”