New members, introduce yourselves!
EastCoastHoppers
Vendor
Vendor
Name: Matt

New HBS for PEI

Post by EastCoastHoppers » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Hello fellow brewers!

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Matt and I am a longtime PEI all grain home brewer. I've always enjoyed brewing although it definitely has its frustrating moments since there is a complete lack of availability with regards to real brewing supplies and ingredients, not only here on PEI but in the Maritimes in general. You folks in Halifax are lucky to have some great options such as Everwoodave and Nobel Grape where you can pick up these things but in many other places (such as PEI) it is impossible to find malt, hops, decent (or constant supply) of yeast or any type of all grain brewing supplies for that matter.

So I decided to do something about that. I am currently in the process of setting up shop as "East Coast Hoppers Homebrew Supply" to offer just those things. I plan to start out online but am hoping to setup a storefront in Charlottetown. We are in the mid to final stages of preparing the website so we are not quite ready for business yet but we just wanted to let everyone know that we are coming. We are family owned and independently funded and operated.

Please feel free to sign up for updates and get an email when we launch our grand opening. I've asked Jimmy to set me up a spot in the Venders section so I will also post updates there to keep anyone that is interested informed.

Cheers! :cheers2:
Matt

elreplica
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Don

Re: New HBS for PEI

Post by elreplica » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:46 am

Congrats Matt! A niche well filled I'm sure... :spilly:
At Bat: several Czech Pils
On Deck: Cream Ale
In the Hole: Kolsch
Clean Up: Tall Ships Ale clones
On tap: Propeller Pils, Festa Cream Ale

TheGrainBarrel
Vendor
Vendor
Name: Robert Shaw

Post by TheGrainBarrel » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:02 pm

Congrats and best of luck! I just set up shop in Lunenburg, NS myself. Great to see the industry growing!

Bizlair
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Blair

Post by Bizlair » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Great news! Looking forward to it.

EastCoastHoppers
Vendor
Vendor

Post by EastCoastHoppers » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:18 am

Thanks guys! Congrats on opening up yourself Robert! Can't wait to get going, almost there!

Bigbru14

Post by Bigbru14 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Congrats Matt!

I just moved here from St John's NL to work with Upstreet, and have been craving getting into all grain at home! To my surprise with the large amount of homebrew stores here not a one had any grains, so you can imagine my excitement to hear that you're opening here!

Chat soon

EastCoastHoppers
Vendor
Vendor

Post by EastCoastHoppers » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:46 pm

Thanks Bigbru14, we are super excited to get going! Great beers at Upstreet, my personal favorite is the White Noize! Awesome beer! I was actually in to Upstreet not long ago going over some ideas with Hogie and I think we have come up with some interesting ideas for the near future!

It has been a long haul here on PEI for homebrewers, I've been brewing a long time and it has always frustrated me that there was no where to go to get fresh malt, hops and yeast. We are super excited to be the first to offer these things here on the island!

Once we get up and running, I am going to try to really get things going again with the homebrewering community. It has been far too long since the last time we've had a meetup to chat and share beers. Hope to talk to and see you soon!

Cheers!
Matt

Return to “New Member Introductions”