New member - Moncton

New members, introduce yourselves!
Lpera
Name: Leo

New member - Moncton

Post by Lpera » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Hello!

I recently moved from Brazil to Moncton and would like to introduce myself. My name is Leonardo and I have been a home brewer for about 6 years now. I am an all-grain brewer and brewed a total of 52 batches so far (5gal). I used to brew in a 3-tier system back in Brazil but I am considering buying a Grainfather to make it simple now.

My brewing history consists in a lot of different styles with a focus in the past 2 years in sour/wild beers. So if you have any question regarding brett, lacto, etc let me know!

Cheers!

kesweeze
Name: Kevin Sweezey

Re: New member - Moncton

Post by kesweeze » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Welcome to Moncton! I think they sell grainfathers at E & L in town. They're not great for fresh ingredients though. I usually order through Everwood near Halifax, or NBCBM in Rothesay. Happy to have another wild/sour beer lover and brewer in this area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SocialLoner

Post by SocialLoner » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Ola and welcome to the Maritimes.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

GCR
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Greg Rogers

Post by GCR » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Welcome to Moncton, Leo! What brings you to the area? I brew with the Grainfather as well - such a lovely little machine. E&L does sell the gear (as Kevin noted), and I believe they are going to be expanding their selection of specialty malts very soon, so their selection should improve, which will be AWESOME. We usually get our stuff from Everwood as well.

My brewing buddy and I actually just brewed a couple of beers for our first competition on the weekend using a wild yeast that a brewery in Cape Breton - Big Spruce - had collected from their property. That's our only experience brewing with wild yeast so far though (only been brewing a little over a year now).. but I am a big fan of Brett and it is on my to-do list for sure. Good to know we have another resource in the area to turn to. :cheers2:

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:42 am

Welcome!

I'm actually just coming out of a bit of a brewing hiatus to start brewing sour beers. I've done kettle sours in the past, but have just made the move to wild/mixed culture beers.

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Post by LiverDance » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:33 am

:welcome:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

Andre
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Andre

Post by Andre » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:35 am

Welcome!! Glad to see more Moncton members.

mthibodeau
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Marc Thibodeau

Post by mthibodeau » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:15 am

Welcome

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Kegged:
Bottled: Chocolate Orange Stout, Barkshack Sparkling Ginger Mead, Cherry Berliner
Fermenting: Fruit (havent decided yet) Lambic
Considering: Imperial Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Fir Tip Ale

Return to “New Member Introductions”