Hello!

New members, introduce yourselves!
JacobS
Name: Jacob S

Hello!

Post by JacobS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Hey! I've been brewing kit beer and wine for the last few years and just got a mash tun for Christmas! Looking forward to graduating from extract kits (I've made a few Best Case kits). I'm super stoked to start making all grain and I'm looking forward to learning from this forum and hopefully contributing where I can!

My personal favourite Best Case kit was the Winter Warmer last year. I loved it and I'm about to bottle my second go at it in the next few days. I tried a couple other kits that turned out okay, but whenever I tried making a hoppy IPA they came out more bitter and malty than I expected. I have had a hard time getting the citrusy, refreshing hoppy flavour I'm after with an IPA or APA (I tried dry hopping with some extra cascade even with no luck). Hoping I can achieve that with some all grain attempts!

My first all grain is going to be a Smash beer, 19L
- 4kg Canadian 2-Row
- 3 oz Cascade (1oz @ 60 min, 1oz @ 10 min, 1oz @ 1 min)
- Liberty Bell yeast

My goal is to be able to make a sweet hoppy, strong IPA style beer comparable to Hop City Hopbot, Garrison Hoppy Buoy or Propellor IPA at home!

Halifax_Jeff
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Jeff

Re: Hello!

Post by Halifax_Jeff » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:06 pm

just curious, are you doing full boils? or topping up after you're boil.

lots of ppl here willing to help.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

JacobS
Name: Jacob S

Re: Hello!

Post by JacobS » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:25 pm

I've just got a 19L canning pot on the stove so I'm planning on splitting the boil in two. I hear that's better than making a concentrated wort and adding water? Open to suggestions

Return to “New Member Introductions”