Here for a good one not a long one!!

New members, introduce yourselves!
BeerChefSam
Name: Samuel Robertson

Here for a good one not a long one!!

Post by BeerChefSam » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:39 am

Hey Brewnosers!

I just arrived in Halifax a few days ago and I leave at the end of the month. I would love some tips on must visit breweries and must try beer while I am here.

I have been homebrewing for about 8 years and have had the pleasure of hosting several brewmaster dinners in Ontario. I'd love to chat with anyone who wants to share their insight or perspective on the scene here.

Cheers!!

chalmers
Name: Chris

Re: Here for a good one not a long one!!

Post by chalmers » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Hey Sam, welcome to our piece of the world!

We (I) maintain a map of all of the breweries in Atlantic Canada, and there are plenty worth visiting in town: http://acbeerblog.ca/good-beer-map/

Shortlist for me would be Unfiltered (Owner/Brewmaster Greg Nash is also on here and a hell of a cook), 2 Crows, Tidehouse, Propeller and Good Robot, all of which have taprooms. No taproom, but worth a visit, is North (though their Dartmouth location is adjacent to Battery Park Beer Bar).

Can also drink the good shit from around NS and beyond at Stillwell on Barrington, and the aforementioned Battery Park across the bridge/ferry.

I'm busy traveling for pretty much the rest of the month, but I do know lots of the folks in the industry through the blog (and being a mega beer nerd). You're here in time for our monthly get-together next Tuesday (always the 2nd Tuesday of the month), though the details of where haven't been ironed out. Usually at a member's house, and folks bring homebrew, beer from away, or local specialties or food to share and yap about beer. Sounds like you may enjoy it, sad that I won't be here!

Hope you have a great time, and hope I can help remotely with stuff.

If you are keen, there's a great food and beer event Jan 18 that may be worth your time and money. I'll be at that event, it's always a blast. 16 NS breweries (usually the brewers are there) and food folks all in one place, it may be your heaven! Don't sleep on getting tickets, they're down to the last dozen. http://localconnections.ca/home/craft-and-local-2018

Return to “New Member Introductions”