New Brewer Here

New members, introduce yourselves!
BiersalBrewery
Name: Chris

New Brewer Here

Post by BiersalBrewery » Thu May 17, 2018 12:37 am

So I’m super green to brewing I helped a friend with his that’s it. I am using a Robobrew system. I was going to brew my first beer Sunday but I’m thinking of postponing it by a week or two now. Any tips from fellow robobrewers would help.
Last Beer Made And Drinking: Hoptimus Prime. American IPA, Raspberry Beret Raspberry Wheat Ale, Pink Panther Shandy
Bottled And Carbonating:
Fermenting: Boxing Rock Black Box Challange versions 1&2
Future Brews:
White Of The Living Dead. Belgian Witbier.
White Juan White IPA.
Meesh Blonde Ale
Prime Art. American IPA
SMaSH The Lemons. Lemondrop SMaSH Saison

CorneliusAlphonse
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1

Re: New Brewer Here

Post by CorneliusAlphonse » Thu May 17, 2018 3:09 am

welcome! Anything in particular you're looking for help with? I dont know the robobrewer, but sometimes it can be quite informative to run a batch of just water through a new system, help work out the kinks - connections that leak or arent tight, that kind of thing. Otherwise, beer is fairly forgiving, as long as you keep things sanitary! Stick with proven recipes until you get the hang of it too, minimizes points of failure/confusion! (also, i say the sooner the better, generally. no better way to learn than by doing and reading up after)
planning: beer for my cousin's wedding
Fermenting: black ipa
Conditioning:
Kegged: barrel barleywine from 2014 - i think i still have this somewhere

BiersalBrewery
Name: Chris

Post by BiersalBrewery » Thu May 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Thanks I’m still going to give it a week cause I’m off next week to help volunteer for the CBA’s but I’ll have down time so I can watch more videos and be more confident. I developed my own recipe on BeerSmith I just took the amount of total grain used in another recipe and tweaked it with my grains I want to use. Kind of hoping the beer will be close to 90% of the taste profile I want it to be so others can try and give me hints.
Last Beer Made And Drinking: Hoptimus Prime. American IPA, Raspberry Beret Raspberry Wheat Ale, Pink Panther Shandy
Bottled And Carbonating:
Fermenting: Boxing Rock Black Box Challange versions 1&2
Future Brews:
White Of The Living Dead. Belgian Witbier.
White Juan White IPA.
Meesh Blonde Ale
Prime Art. American IPA
SMaSH The Lemons. Lemondrop SMaSH Saison

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Post by LiverDance » Thu May 17, 2018 2:40 pm

:welcome:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

EastCoastHoppers
Vendor
Vendor
Name: Matt

Post by EastCoastHoppers » Sun May 27, 2018 9:47 pm

:welcome:

Return to “New Member Introductions”