New members, introduce yourselves!
andrewtrsmith
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Andrew Smith

Hi!

Post by andrewtrsmith » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Andrew Smith, an accountant, almost finished my CMA / MBA combined program, recently married and have been a home brewer for about 15 months. I've got 15 batches under my belt, all extract and mini mash except for 1 festa brew box. I've also entered the Garrison Home Brew competition and wound up placing in the top 4 so for those attending the Gala on Thursday please come by and say Hi!

Look forward to meeting all of you and learning lots about brewing.

Andrew
Sign's your not quite awake yet ... "Where the heck is RIS?"

John G
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: John

Re: Hi!

Post by John G » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Hey Andrew,
Welcome to the site. Congrats on the placement in the Garrison's competition. An excellent accomplishment for only 15 brews under your belt - although 15 in 15 months is great. :cheers:

John

chalmers
Name: Chris

Post by chalmers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Welcome to the boards. I'm sure lots of us will be down on Thursday, we'll be sure to come and try your wares. Congratulations.

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 pm

:welcome: to the forum :cheers3:

The club meets every second Tuesday of the month, location and time are discussed in the "Events" section of the forums. Many members also meet up at the Hart & Thistle on Friday nights, though it seems like it's been mostly random days/times recently

andrewtrsmith
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Andrew Smith

Post by andrewtrsmith » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:23 am

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. I can definetly say its beginners luck that I wound up in the finals for the Garrison competition as I have lots I need to learn.
Sign's your not quite awake yet ... "Where the heck is RIS?"

ratchet
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ratchet » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:28 am

Welcome to the forum :)

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Post by LiverDance » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:46 am

Beginers luck, I think not! Making the finals means you can brew a good beer. Looking forward to trying it on Thursday :cheers3:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:29 am

:welcome:

I may get down to see you on Thursday night.
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

akr71
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Name: Andy

Post by akr71 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:56 am

:welcome:

Good Luck on Thursday - and to any other Brewnoser who got the call as a finalist.
Andy
"Now son, you don't want to drink beer. That's for Daddies, and kids with fake IDs." - Homer J. Simpson

XmonikerX
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Dave

Post by XmonikerX » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:26 pm

i might pop down there thursday eve. What time is everyone heading down?

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Post by LiverDance » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Starts at 7
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

Return to “New Member Introductions”