A spot to talk food
mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Hart and Thistle - A Different Wing Experience

Post by mr x » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:41 pm

http://www.halifaxwingman.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down the page.
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Re: Hart and Thistle - A Different Wing Experience

Post by Jimmy » Tue May 17, 2011 10:23 am

I had them a while back and liked them. It was good to have wings that are different than everywhere else.

I would get em again!

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Tue May 17, 2011 10:46 am

The wingman/beerman is back in action with a Keith's review:
The taste is actually one of the best for a macro brew...
http://www.1000beer.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Post by LiverDance » Tue May 17, 2011 11:33 am

mr x wrote:The wingman/beerman is back in action with a Keith's review:
The taste is actually one of the best for a macro brew...
http://www.1000beer.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thumbdown: :slap:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

NASH
CBA Award Winner
CBA Award Winner
Name: Nash

Post by NASH » Wed May 18, 2011 11:28 pm

The HalifaxBeerMan/HalifaxWingMan is quite the fella. I was there the day he had his wings, I didn't meet him but saw him tweeting or something, looked around and saw him so I asked the server if the fellow had any of my beers, she replied 'No he didn't, I tried but he said he didn't like hoppy beers'. Best part is, one of the beers I had on tap that day was the coffee'd brown ale :lol:

As for the wings at the H&T, admittedly I'm a fucking food natzi in a big way but I have to say I like them a lot, the wings themselves can be a little fatty sometimes but the homemade breading and the hot mango chutney in place of traditional wing sauce is a winning combo. When I was 23 yrs old eating wings like they were going out of style in every bar that offered them I'm sure I would have preferred some Dave's famous hot sauce instead but my mind is a little more open these days.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Thu May 19, 2011 10:20 am

He's got a bit of a quantity over quality theme:
Sauce selection: 1/5 – There are two sauces, you don’t have a say in this, the wings automatically come with two sauces. Blue cheese and spicy mango chutney – I’m more of a fan of typical wing sauce selection but I’m sure there are a lot of people who would enjoy those.

Return to “Food Discussion”