Homebrew labels
- dnewf
- Verified User

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:21 pm
- Name: Craig
- Location: Baie Verte, NL.
Homebrew labels
Hi guys and gals i was wondering what everyone is using for their own custom labels for their craft beer these days. I just use a little sticker from the dollar store on the cap with date and abbreviation of style of beer.
American lager light bottled since Dec 9/14
Just bottled Irish red ale Jan 4/15
Bottled American pale Ale made Jan 26/15
Bottled cream ale Feb 26/15
Blue Moon Clone brewing away since April 15/15
Cream of 3 crops in primary dec 4 th/15th
Just bottled Irish red ale Jan 4/15
Bottled American pale Ale made Jan 26/15
Bottled cream ale Feb 26/15
Blue Moon Clone brewing away since April 15/15
Cream of 3 crops in primary dec 4 th/15th
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: Homebrew labels
This is what I use: http://www.brewnosers.org/forums/viewto ... zer#p68726" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;dnewf wrote:Hi guys and gals i was wondering what everyone is using for their own custom labels for their craft beer these days. I just use a little sticker from the dollar store on the cap with date and abbreviation of style of beer.
Might find some answers in that thread also.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
-
the-mailman
- Verified User

- Posts: 238
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:21 pm
- Name: Bruce Mailman
- Location: Hammonds Plains
Re: Homebrew labels
I make my own wine labels and they turn out good. I use this software, http://www.labelhelper.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It's free but you have to email them for the license key.
So far I just print on plain paper and stick them on this a glue stick but I'd like to get the removable vinyl ones like this, http://www.texascraft.com/hps/Inkjet-Wh ... heets.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. That way I could remove them and use them for the next batch.
So far I just print on plain paper and stick them on this a glue stick but I'd like to get the removable vinyl ones like this, http://www.texascraft.com/hps/Inkjet-Wh ... heets.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. That way I could remove them and use them for the next batch.
Currently on tap:
1) Festa Brown Ale
2) Festa Pale Ale
3) Best Case Northern Lights
4) Festa Continental Pilsner
In the bucket: Empty
In the carboy: Empty
Buy yourself a 24 and you'll be happy for a weekend. Teach yourself to homebrew and you'll be happy for a lifetime.
1) Festa Brown Ale
2) Festa Pale Ale
3) Best Case Northern Lights
4) Festa Continental Pilsner
In the bucket: Empty
In the carboy: Empty
Buy yourself a 24 and you'll be happy for a weekend. Teach yourself to homebrew and you'll be happy for a lifetime.
-
redoubt
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 869
- Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:30 pm
- Name: Kirsten & Keely
- Location: Cambridge
Re: Homebrew labels
Masking tape and sharpie, stuck to the keg. Numbers on caps of bottles. Plain, simple, cheap. 
-Keely.
-Keely.
- dnewf
- Verified User

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:21 pm
- Name: Craig
- Location: Baie Verte, NL.
Re: Homebrew labels
Thanks guys for all the info. this is great site..
American lager light bottled since Dec 9/14
Just bottled Irish red ale Jan 4/15
Bottled American pale Ale made Jan 26/15
Bottled cream ale Feb 26/15
Blue Moon Clone brewing away since April 15/15
Cream of 3 crops in primary dec 4 th/15th
Just bottled Irish red ale Jan 4/15
Bottled American pale Ale made Jan 26/15
Bottled cream ale Feb 26/15
Blue Moon Clone brewing away since April 15/15
Cream of 3 crops in primary dec 4 th/15th
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: Homebrew labels
Sameredoubt wrote:Masking tape and sharpie, stuck to the keg.
- dexter
- Verified User

- Posts: 994
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:59 am
- Name: Phil
- Location: Halifax
Re: Homebrew labels
Jimmy wrote:Sameredoubt wrote:Masking tape and sharpie, stuck to the keg.
This, if I bottle it's the same thing.
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: Homebrew labels
dexter wrote:Jimmy wrote:Sameredoubt wrote:Masking tape and sharpie, stuck to the keg.
This, if I bottle it's the same thing.
A different colour tape for each beer would save writing on each bottle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
-
jmacdonald
- Verified User

- Posts: 296
- Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:21 am
- Name: Jeff
- Location: Amherst, NS
Re: Homebrew labels
I usually just use a sharpie on the cap.
However if i want to get "fancy", I print off some labels on a laser printer and stick them on with milk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II37YITuuNU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
However if i want to get "fancy", I print off some labels on a laser printer and stick them on with milk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II37YITuuNU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Berzerker
- Verified User

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:24 am
Re: Homebrew labels
I did a few up on Uline labels with the color printer at work. I was pretty happy with them. Cant seem to find a picture of a bottle though


Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests