So I brewed some extra hoppy awesomeness that might not be as clear as I would have hoped. Long story short, I am pretty sure I have clogged my beer out post with hop residue and I can't get the damn post off to clean it
Anyone know the exact socket size needed to remove the post?
Cheers
Ball lock beer line
-
Timelord_
- Verified User

- Posts: 80
- Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:19 pm
- Name: Tom
- Keith
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 6479
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
- Name: Keith
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: Ball lock beer line
7/8th or 11/16th depending on the post.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House

- Keith
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 6479
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
- Name: Keith
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: Ball lock beer line
I had my entire dip tube clogged not long ago. Take it out and flush it then sanitize and put it back in. Don't forget to leave the airlock open. Otherwise you'll have a wee mess
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House

-
Timelord_
- Verified User

- Posts: 80
- Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:19 pm
- Name: Tom
Re: Ball lock beer line
Thanks Keith. I assume it needs to be a "long barrel" type socket?
- Keith
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 6479
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
- Name: Keith
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: Ball lock beer line
Nope. I just use a regular wrench
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House

- LeafMan66_67
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 4600
- Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am
- Name: Derek Stapleton
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: Ball lock beer line
You could always force your gas connector on to the liquid out post to see if you could blow out the obstruction. It's hard to get them on and off the wrong posts, but may save you from having to pull off the post and dip tube.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato
- Keith
- Award Winner 6

- Posts: 6479
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
- Name: Keith
- Location: Lower Sackville, NS
Re: Ball lock beer line
Or put the gas line on the liquid post 
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests