PET Beer Bottles for Competitions

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
spears104
Verified User
Verified User
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm
Name: Jason Spears
Location: Port Hawkesbury, NS

PET Beer Bottles for Competitions

Post by spears104 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:01 am

Just wondering if PET beer bottles are OK for submission to competitions. I am talking about the brown plastic bottles that you can buy in homebrew stores. I do personally perfer glass but the plastic bottles may have an advantage in that they do not weigh as much as a glass bottle, so shipping costs are less. It is difficult to get plain 335 mL glass bottles, so I was wondering if this is an option.

Cheers!

Jason
Primary -
Secondary -
Bottle Conditioning -
Bottled -
On tap:
On the horizon -

User avatar
CartoonCod
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:39 am
Name: Adam Comeau
Location: Halifax

Re: PET Beer Bottles for Competitions

Post by CartoonCod » Thu May 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Sorry for the late response. Yes they are, unless specifically noted in the competition rules. There were some users mentioning about the increased potential for oxidation. But I think the results vary with some people having success.

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests