Not ready to grab wort chiller yet as but I have a question about cooling.
My thought was to fill a couple 4L jugs with water, freeze them, StarSan the outside, then place it in the wort for cooling. Just wondering if I'm asking for trouble and I should stick with filling the laundry tub with a bunch of ice and water.
Thx.
Wort Cooling.
- maglorski
- Verified User

- Posts: 116
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:00 am
- Name: Mike
- Location: Dartmouth
- jacinthebox
- Award Winner 16

- Posts: 3047
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
- Name: Justin
- Location: Hubley
- Contact:
Re: Wort Cooling.
How many gals of wort are you cooling?
I've cooled 1gal batches in a sink filled with cold water....while stirring the wort.
5gal seems like it would take forever to cool...could you borrow a coil for someone?
I've cooled 1gal batches in a sink filled with cold water....while stirring the wort.
5gal seems like it would take forever to cool...could you borrow a coil for someone?
Brathair Brewing
Brew Hard...Stay Humble
Brew Hard...Stay Humble
- maglorski
- Verified User

- Posts: 116
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:00 am
- Name: Mike
- Location: Dartmouth
Re: Wort Cooling.
Probably be cooling somewhere around 5 gal.
No one in our little brewers group has a immersion chiller.
No one in our little brewers group has a immersion chiller.
- jacinthebox
- Award Winner 16

- Posts: 3047
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
- Name: Justin
- Location: Hubley
- Contact:
Re: Wort Cooling.
Where are you located...maybe someone here could loan/sell you one. I just sold my 25' coil for $25 a few weeks agomaglorski wrote:Probably be cooling somewhere around 5 gal.
No one in our little brewers group has a immersion chiller.
Brathair Brewing
Brew Hard...Stay Humble
Brew Hard...Stay Humble
- maglorski
- Verified User

- Posts: 116
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:00 am
- Name: Mike
- Location: Dartmouth
Re: Wort Cooling.
In Dartmouth.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests