pH meter
- NASH
- CBA Award Winner

- Posts: 4085
- Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:33 pm
- Name: Nash
- Location: Halifax, NS
- Contact:
Re: pH meter
I used to have one, I wouldn't really call it a good one but it worked okay, and you can't beat the price. Go for it 
- evanisnor
- Verified User

- Posts: 213
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 am
- Name: Evan Isnor
- Location: Windsor
Re: pH meter
So it gets the Nash stamp of okayness? Sold!
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: pH meter
Shhhh, they'll put the price up.evanisnor wrote:So it gets the Nash stamp of okayness? Sold!
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
-
bandarker
- Verified User

- Posts: 170
- Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 am
- Name: wee
Re: pH meter
Ordered one today, thanks for the help!
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: pH meter
I ordered one of these meters last week. It seems to have really good reviews in the homebrew community and replacement electrodes are reasonably priced.
http://www.omega.ca/pptst_eng/PHH-7000.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.omega.ca/pptst_eng/PHH-7000.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: pH meter
For those looking for pH meter buffer solution, it looks like Bebbington Industries in Burnside carries 4, 7 & 10:
pH Buffer Standards
Traceable to NIST
500 ml pH 4.0 red $15.00
500 ml pH 7.0 yellow $15.00
500 ml pH 10.0 blue $15.00
pH Buffer Standards
Traceable to NIST
500 ml pH 4.0 red $15.00
500 ml pH 7.0 yellow $15.00
500 ml pH 10.0 blue $15.00
- evanisnor
- Verified User

- Posts: 213
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 am
- Name: Evan Isnor
- Location: Windsor
Re: pH meter
Is there a cheaper, smaller volume option that's open after 4:30? NG?
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: pH meter
Yes, Noble Grape sells 2oz (59ml) of pH 4 and 7 for $2.99/ea
- evanisnor
- Verified User

- Posts: 213
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 am
- Name: Evan Isnor
- Location: Windsor
Re: pH meter
Cool, thanks!
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: pH meter
Meter showed up today. Came with a decent amount of 4 & 7 buffer solution, and a bit of storage solution 
Also, the prices of buffer solution went up at Bebbington. I went in today and 500ml bottles were $25 each.
Also, the prices of buffer solution went up at Bebbington. I went in today and 500ml bottles were $25 each.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- GuingesRock
- Award Winner 20+

- Posts: 5190
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm
- Name: Mark
- Location: Wolfville, NS
Re: pH meter
Good stuff Jimmy.
-Mark
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
2nd place, Canadian Brewer of the Year, 2015
101 awards won for beers designed and brewed.
Cicerone Program - Certified Beer Server
- jtmwhyte
- Verified User

- Posts: 1934
- Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm
- Name: Trevor Whyte
Re: pH meter
Is this meter still working out for you? I've had one sitting in my online cart for a few days but have chickened out so far.
Nova Prime Taproom
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
- Jimmy
- Site Admin Award Winner

- Posts: 6984
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
- Location: Halifax, NS
Re: pH meter
Yep, been working great for me!jtmwhyte wrote:Is this meter still working out for you? I've had one sitting in my online cart for a few days but have chickened out so far.
- Buccaneer
- Verified User

- Posts: 518
- Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:50 pm
- Name: Mike Digdon
- Location: Hammonds Plains
Re: pH meter
I bought this same meter. Been working great.
- jtmwhyte
- Verified User

- Posts: 1934
- Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm
- Name: Trevor Whyte
Re: pH meter
Just bought one tonight
Nova Prime Taproom
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
Tap 1: Festa Brew Scotch Ale
Tap 2:
"Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain -
Quaintest thoughts - queerist fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today." ~ Poe
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests