Draft tower pouring issue

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Draft tower pouring issue

Post by Jimmy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:10 pm

I'm having an issue with one of my taps/keg. I've had the brown hooked up to it, and it's been working great up until the past week. The very beginning of the pour is great, then it turns to foam, and spits and sputters with air. If I shut it off then start to pour again, it follows the same process. Any suggestions?

Oh, and the keg is getting low but it pours fine from a picnic tap.

User avatar
NASH
CBA Award Winner
CBA Award Winner
Posts: 4085
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:33 pm
Name: Nash
Location: Halifax, NS
Contact:

Re: Draft tower pouring issue

Post by NASH » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Gas is breaking out in your line so it's either got a warm spot in it or the beer is overcarbonated. Since it used to be fine I suspect it's gaining carbonation over time :cheers2:

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests