New from More Beer - I like the sound of this...
http://morebeer.com/category/draft-gas- ... ubing.html
Antimicrobial Tubing
- Jayme
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 2733
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
- Name: Jayme
- Location: Halifax
Antimicrobial Tubing
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
- BasilD
- Verified User

- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:52 pm
- Name: Basil Fischer-fox
- Location: Charlottetown
Re: Antimicrobial Tubing
Typically how long can you use the beer tubing provided by dave? I imagine hot caustic will keep it nice and clean, but will it start to leach?
nothing, enjoying west coast beers while I'm based in northern BC
-
redoubt
- Award Winner 1

- Posts: 869
- Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:30 pm
- Name: Kirsten & Keely
- Location: Cambridge
Re: Antimicrobial Tubing
I was just reading up on the technology behind this. Apparently it was an anti-microbial innovation for burn wound dressings. This is a pretty funky application of it! I haven't had any issues with infection in my lines -- yet, anyway -- but I'd certainly give this stuff a shot.
-Kirsten
-Kirsten
- Jayme
- Award Winner 2

- Posts: 2733
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:27 pm
- Name: Jayme
- Location: Halifax
Re: Antimicrobial Tubing
I've definitely had some lines go nasty on me, though haven't had any infections that were bad enough to show up before the beer was gone as a result. I do quite like the piece of mind knowing the chances of something growing in a line are reduced though!
Makes sense it was a medical innovation. I heard of person nearly losing a leg because it got infected with an anti-biotic resistant strain of bacteria. They packed the wound with silver and managed to save the leg.
Makes sense it was a medical innovation. I heard of person nearly losing a leg because it got infected with an anti-biotic resistant strain of bacteria. They packed the wound with silver and managed to save the leg.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
---------------------------------------
Delta Force Brewery - (chuck norris approved)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests