2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

A spot to talk general homebrew

Beer Styles

Brewers Choice
18
82%
Random Selection
2
9%
Secret Santa (Someone else picks your style)
2
9%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
Woody
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
Name: Derek
Location: Truro, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Woody » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:31 am

Keith wrote:
Woody wrote:I wanted to do a Porter at first but am thinking Double IPA now.
Doing a freezer cleaning special like my next batch of dipa? :cheers2:
Lol you have me thinking about it.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:28 pm

So after some thought as to what to brew, and pulling a pint of my first Nut Brown. This will be the beer I brew for everyone this year.
I honestly don't know the styles, but know a beer I enjoy and could drink countless amounts of. :cheers2:

Also I think we need to set a dead line to confirm the number of entries, arrange a dropoff\pickup spot, this way we can all be on the page and prepared for this event.
Once we finalize the details, we can move forward. :rockin:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 4014
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm
Name: Brian
Location: Sprybeeria

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by LiverDance » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:20 am

Keith wrote: Also I think we need to set a dead line to confirm the number of entries, arrange a dropoff\pickup spot, this way we can all be on the page and prepared for this event.
Once we finalize the details, we can move forward. :rockin:
There are 24 spots on an advent calender so I thought we were doing 24? Let's set the dropoff/pickup date for Nov 15, that way it will give the beers time to make the places they have to go before December 1. Where we can figure out later on. Sound good?
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Originally was set at 24, however interest peaked and we have a bunch interested. I'm ok with having a 30 day advent, or double up and have 2 beers on say a Friday and keep the 24 day format. I'm open to any ideas, however I personally would prefer not to exclude anyone interested. Plus we also may have last minute drop outs.

As for the drop off \ pick up, we can do it all in one stop and everyone meets at X location for the exchange or drop the brews off at one location, have a couple guys sort the beers and a week later complete pick up's. The first is probably easier with those traveling any distance.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
LeafMan66_67
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Posts: 4600
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am
Name: Derek Stapleton
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by LeafMan66_67 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:36 pm

I initially signed up for this one - someone else can grab my spot - difficult to commit brewing time at the moment.
"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:37 pm

LeafMan66_67 wrote:I initially signed up for this one - someone else can grab my spot - difficult to commit brewing time at the moment.
I believe Jimmy was waiting on a spot. I'll sub him in Derek. :cheers2:
and yea I know the pain of finding the time. Soon going to need to find the time to get bottles again lol. Wife's going to lose her mind :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
Woody
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 am
Name: Derek
Location: Truro, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Woody » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:07 am

Are we doing 341/355ml or 500ml bottles for this exchange? I guess it really doesnt matter but I have a ton of 500ml bottles and want to see what others are thinking.

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:26 am

No set format. I'll personally be using Grolsch bottles.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
jacinthebox
Award Winner 16
Award Winner 16
Posts: 3047
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
Name: Justin
Location: Hubley
Contact:

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by jacinthebox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:26 am

I only have Grolsch bottles. ..tossed the others
Brathair Brewing



Brew Hard...Stay Humble

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:35 am

Lets set a date of Sept 1st to finalize this. I'll send a communication to those who were interested last year to see if everyone is still interested. :cheers2:
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
jacinthebox
Award Winner 16
Award Winner 16
Posts: 3047
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm
Name: Justin
Location: Hubley
Contact:

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by jacinthebox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:39 am

im in...havent figured out what I wanna brew...maybe a fresh apa...so the hops are juicy lol

or a session christmas stout
Brathair Brewing



Brew Hard...Stay Humble

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: 2014 Brew Nosers Advent Calendar?!

Post by Keith » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:43 pm

jacinthebox wrote:im in...havent figured out what I wanna brew...maybe a fresh apa...so the hops are juicy lol

or a session christmas stout
I could go for another one of the chocolate milk stout.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests