Going to try....Coopers

A spot to talk general homebrew
User avatar
sleepyjamie
Award Winner 5
Award Winner 5
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 pm
Name: jamie
Location: Calgary

Re: Going to try....Coopers

Post by sleepyjamie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:38 am

Oh yes for sure. I took it as a grain of salt. Every beer book I've read they all have varying views. I personally have no interest in using canned extract kits because I can make better cheaper beer using all grain.
On Tap:
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Going to try....Coopers

Post by Keith » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:04 am

sleepyjamie wrote:Oh yes for sure. I took it as a grain of salt. Every beer book I've read they all have varying views. I personally have no interest in using canned extract kits because I can make better cheaper beer using all grain.
I am say I've brewed festa, canned, extract, extract with steeped grain, partial mash, and all grain. The one thing I can say is I am glad I went through the process, I notice the quality of my beer has vastly improved, and it gives me control over my recipes. Canned kits did produce an OK product and I enjoyed at the time, however my thrust for improving my beer has excelled me to where I am at today. It is more work, more time, but I am truly happen with what I share. Mind you I felt this way a year ago when Brewing the best case beers, and 2 years ago when fermenting festa brew. Brewing I'd a passion no stage of the game. And all I can say is that I wouldn't do it if I didn't love it. It's a lot of work.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

User avatar
Keith
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Posts: 6479
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm
Name: Keith
Location: Lower Sackville, NS

Re: Going to try....Coopers

Post by Keith » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:08 am

After reading the auto correct in my post, I don't believe this function was fully tested in a North American market. Awful but I've corrected 7 auto corrects for English words. Guess my spelling and grammar are shit.
Brewer, Owner & Operator @ Ol' Biddy's Brew House
:cheers2:

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests