Page 1 of 1

Pump

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:13 am
by GAM
I am looking to upgrade my shitty pump. Can some comment on inline/center options and March vs Chugger (or other options)?

Sandy

Re: Pump

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:17 am
by Keith
I've only used a inline chugger, no complaints, does the trick and works well for what I need.

Re: Pump

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:27 am
by Jimmy
I've had both the March 809 and the Chugger center inlet.

Both work great, but I prefer the center inlet chugger; it seems to have less priming issues, and the head is made of metal instead of the plastic composite of the March.

Re: Pump

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:46 pm
by jacinthebox
My chugger works great

Re: Pump

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:47 pm
by jeffsmith
Jimmy wrote:I've had both the March 809 and the Chugger center inlet.

Both work great, but I prefer the center inlet chugger; it seems to have less priming issues, and the head is made of metal instead of the plastic composite of the March.
:stupid:

Re: Pump

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:57 pm
by LeafMan66_67
I have the center inlet chugger - works great and I've never clogged it using pellet hops. Bitter orange peel did a number on it though!

Re: Pump

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:49 pm
by Jimmy
LeafMan66_67 wrote:I have the center inlet chugger - works great and I've never clogged it using pellet hops. Bitter orange peel did a number on it though!
I find my tubing to be the limiting factor with my center inlet chugger (when recirculating with pellet hops). Using barbs inside the hose significantly reduces the throughput, and that will be the spot that clogs first.

Re: Pump

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:56 pm
by Keith
LeafMan66_67 wrote:I have the center inlet chugger - works great and I've never clogged it using pellet hops. Bitter orange peel did a number on it though!
So glad I used a bag on my coriander and peel when I brewed my wit last Friday. I was thinking it would have clogged it haha.