Page 1 of 1
Good source for honey?
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:21 pm
by Jimmy
There's been previous threads for this, but no real answer.
Has anyone found a good source for bulk honey? Looking at making some mead, and wondering what the best options are for purchasing honey.
Re: Good source for honey?
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:29 pm
by SFR709
I'm sure there are plenty of great local options, but my wife's family has a farm in northern NB with a bee keeper that's set up on their property, the honey is wildflower and can be purchased unpasteurized. If you're interested let me know how much you're looking for and I can get you a price.
Re: Good source for honey?
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:46 pm
by KB1138
SFR709 wrote:I'm sure there are plenty of great local options, but my wife's family has a farm in northern NB with a bee keeper that's set up on their property, the honey is wildflower and can be purchased unpasteurized. If you're interested let me know how much you're looking for and I can get you a price.
Intriguing. I've been thinking of making some meads as well, and I have a recipe for a tripel that calls for a lot of honey. I may get in on this as well. Any others?
Re: Good source for honey?
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:22 pm
by Oilhead
No idea what prices are but you could try FOOTE FAMILY
FARM in Woodville, or Nickerson's Apple-Bee Acres in Waterville.
Re: Good source for honey?
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:08 pm
by Keggermeister
bees.
Re: Good source for honey?
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:14 am
by OldSalt
Lambton County in Ontario. Warwick or Watford.
Re: Good source for honey?
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:40 am
by Keith
I just messaged a friend for ya Jimmy. I seen her filling a 3 gallon bucket recently.
Re: Good source for honey?
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:54 am
by Keith
Incase anyone else is interested.
Apple Bee Acres
5765 Brooklyn St.
Grafton NS
15lb bucket $45.00
Re: Good source for honey?
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:01 pm
by dougroy
Keggermeister wrote:bees.
hahahaha my thoughts exactly -Doug
Re: Good source for honey?
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:39 pm
by JohnnyMac
Last time couple of times I've gotten some was from Cosman & Whidden, called and ordered what I wanted, picked it up the following Saturday at the Seaport Market. Can't remember the price per pound but do remember it was a good price.
http://www.novascotiahoney.com/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;