Page 1 of 1

Wrapping fermwrap in a blanket/towel?

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:21 am
by Halifax_Jeff
Is this a safe practice? My basement is pretty cool and I'd like to add a little insulation over my fermwrap but I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not? I've got a towel loosely wrapped around it now but I'm not comfortable leaving it while I'm out of the house.

Re: Wrapping fermwrap in a blanket/towel?

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:31 am
by jacinthebox
Halifax_Jeff wrote:Is this a safe practice? My basement is pretty cool and I'd like to add a little insulation over my fermwrap but I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not? I've got a towel loosely wrapped around it now but I'm not comfortable leaving it while I'm out of the house.

I have done it when making sours outside of my ferm fridge.

Safe? Cant advise on that. I haven't had an issue keeping the carboy at 113f for 24hrs.

Re: Wrapping fermwrap in a blanket/towel?

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:31 pm
by Halifax_Jeff
Ok sounds good. The wrap is having a hard time keeping the temp as high as I want for my saison. Since I put a towel around it it's been much better I'm just paranoid about it while I'm away.