Keezer controller probe and differential
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:22 pm
Hello everyone!
I have had my keezer built for about a year now and it has worked wonderfully. Got to the point where I was happy with it and just left it and started pouring pints. But now I really want to dial in the temperature and cut back on the compressor cycling so much so… my questions are:
1 - Where should I be placing the probe? Many threads have stated, taped to the freezer wall, to the keg, inside a bottle of water etc…
2 - How high/low should I set my temperature differentials? My main goal is to have it cut back on cycling so much. Its an older freezer and I don't want the thing crapping out on me. Ive noticed lately its been heating up on the outside…
The collar is only insulated with silicon caulking along its inside edges. Would it be worth getting some foam insulation? Any info here would help me!
I am looking at running this keezer from 38 degrees F to 40 degrees F
I have had my keezer built for about a year now and it has worked wonderfully. Got to the point where I was happy with it and just left it and started pouring pints. But now I really want to dial in the temperature and cut back on the compressor cycling so much so… my questions are:
1 - Where should I be placing the probe? Many threads have stated, taped to the freezer wall, to the keg, inside a bottle of water etc…
2 - How high/low should I set my temperature differentials? My main goal is to have it cut back on cycling so much. Its an older freezer and I don't want the thing crapping out on me. Ive noticed lately its been heating up on the outside…
The collar is only insulated with silicon caulking along its inside edges. Would it be worth getting some foam insulation? Any info here would help me!
I am looking at running this keezer from 38 degrees F to 40 degrees F