Local clones?
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 pm
Hi all. I'm kind of just getting going with all grain brewing and in search of some recipes to try. There's a million recipes online but searching through them is a bit overwhelming because I don't have a very good sense of what the different types of grains and hops will result in and I'm really worried about making a full batch of something I don't like.
So my idea is to try to find some clone recipes for some locally available brews, go buy them and drink em to see if I like them before brewing 10 gallons of it.
So I'm wondering if you guys can point me towards a few recipes and commercial beer to pair up. I really open to most styles. If I was in the LC I'd probably avoid most of the strong dark beers. I don't have good control of fermenting temps so I think that rules out all lagers?
So my idea is to try to find some clone recipes for some locally available brews, go buy them and drink em to see if I like them before brewing 10 gallons of it.
So I'm wondering if you guys can point me towards a few recipes and commercial beer to pair up. I really open to most styles. If I was in the LC I'd probably avoid most of the strong dark beers. I don't have good control of fermenting temps so I think that rules out all lagers?