Intertap vs. Perlick?

A spot to talk general homebrew
jason.loxton
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Jason Loxton

Intertap vs. Perlick?

Post by jason.loxton » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:36 pm

Anyone had a chance to compare the Intertap faucets with Perlicks in real world settings? Thoughts?

Jason

mckay75
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Mark

Re: Intertap vs. Perlick?

Post by mckay75 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 am

I just picked up an interap faucet to replace my leaking perlick 525. I like it alot and will likely replace my other perlick that is starting to leak as well. Some neat attachments you can get for it as well, growler filler, stout faucet and a ball lock, all of which just screw on. Plus the price is right too!

Swine
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Ryan Swinamer

Post by Swine » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:18 am

I have both. Perlick 525 at home on Kezzer and Fridge, the Intertap on my Jockey box.
Both operate nicely, neither have had an issue with sticking.
I have had a leaky 525 and repaired with o-rings that cost a couple of dollars for all of them.
The Intertap are not used overly often and haven't stuck at all.

I did open the Intertap when I first got them and I recall more parts inside of it. You could consider more parts, more chance to go bad, but I haven't experienced this, yet.

I've had some of my 525 for 5yr and the Intertap only for this summer and each Intertap only has about 3-4 kegs run through, so may be too soon to tell.
The Intertap do have a good look and I picked them up on a half price special, so the price was REALLY right for me.

I can't give a 1 way or the other, but figured I could offer my thoughts/experiences.

Peterpasha
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Peter Greathead

Post by Peterpasha » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:34 am

I've got one of each, and I find the Intertap mechanism a little looser than the Perlick when I'm pulling a pint. It hasn't leaked yet but I'm always kind of nervous that it might start. I bought the Intertap specifically for the interchangeable faucet heads, which are a neat idea.
On Tap:
Irreplaceable Pale Ale
On Deck:

Fermenting
Black IPA
Planning
Irish Red Ale

McGruff
Name: Chris Storey

Post by McGruff » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:20 am

I have both and find them to be very similar. I have had my Perlick for many years and it hasn't leaked yet.

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”