Page 1 of 1

Robobrew?

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:52 pm
by bruno643
Saw that some vendors in Eastern Canada are offering the Canadian version of the Robobrew. Has anyone here ever brewed with that system? For the price this looks like a great setup. Also, I saw that OBK posted on their FB page that the Canadian version of Robobrew was not officially out, any idea whats going on?

Thanks!!

Re: Robobrew?

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:54 pm
by LiverDance

Re: Robobrew?

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:30 pm
by elreplica
Haven't used it...I have a Grainfather and might be interested if not already in...I did come across a forum user on Homebrewtalk.com that decided to go with the GF as his failed after six brews and he paid double for a new GF due to its warranty and high levels of customer support. Here's part of the conversation...

Re: Robobrew?

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:35 pm
by elreplica
Sorry...for some reason BN is not letting me post that picture of a nude beautiful lady holding a broken Robobrew...

Re: Robobrew?

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:05 pm
by bruno643
Interesting, I have a friend who brews with the GF and only has great things to say about it. I've elected to go with a BIAB system but the convenience of a all-in-one type of brew system sounds appealing, especially if I can brew in the comfort of my house! Might have to save a few bucks here and there and buy the tried and tested system instead.

Re: Robobrew?

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:08 pm
by elreplica
The Grainfather is not without its faults. Although I've never experienced any of the issues such as clogged filters and valves, melted GF Connect etc. they're out there. I guess the difference is the technical and warranty support. Regarding the warranty support, I've been told that Everwood - being the Canadian distributor - will stand firmly behind the product. That should provide a fair measure of comfort. Rob @The Grain Barrel just outside Lunenburg carries them as well - same deal, warranty and support as Everwood.