Should I be concerned?

A spot to talk general homebrew
Creaseline
Name: Tim Tucker

Should I be concerned?

Post by Creaseline » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:28 pm

I put in a Festa Brew cream ale in the primary fermenter 6 days ago. The action in the airlock had stopped, so I removed the lid to check the final gravity before transferring to the carboy. This is what I found. The final gravity is bang on where it should be, but I've never had a beer remain be foamy before. Is this infected or is this normal? Image

Edit: Not sure I'm uploading the image correctly so here's a link https://imgur.com/a/7Faonyi

Celiacbrew
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mike E.

Re: Should I be concerned?

Post by Celiacbrew » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Looks fine to me. I think that is leftover krausen
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mike E.

Creaseline
Name: Tim Tucker

Post by Creaseline » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Transferred to carboy. All seems to be good. It just seems to be a foamy beer. Had to wait to put the airlock on the carboy after stirring in the clearing agent because of foam. Thanks!

Cully

Post by Cully » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:38 pm

I'm responding late, but it looks perfectly normal. the cream ale leaves more residue in the vessels than their darker worts during fermentation. i lost 3 litres just trying to keep the siphon in clear liquid during transfer and bottling. I left my cream ale in carboy 10 days more than suggested and it made a whole lot of difference.

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”