Festa Quest-a

A spot to talk general homebrew
Cully

Festa Quest-a

Post by Cully » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:45 pm

I have to say, here in Shag Harbour I don't get to mix with other home brewers, partly because I'm on nights and that means i don't get to sample other brews, notably my favorites from magnotta. I have had success with Festa Red, Cream, Continental and a few more and I hvae heard their Pale Ale is good, apparently the best. i don't wanna go IPA, but more the Pale Ale. Anyone got any thoughts?

Woody
Award Winner 4
Award Winner 4
Name: Derek

Re: Festa Quest-a

Post by Woody » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:28 am

My thoughts are try them all. Don't let shift work hold you back. I work nights as well but still try to make local meetings. Well worth the effort. Connecting with others brewers will make you better and really step up your game.

elreplica
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Don

Re: Festa Quest-a

Post by elreplica » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:45 am

I’ve pretty well done them all and they’re all good. The best for me so far has been their Festa Czech Pils, so much so that I stockpiled over 10 at a time in between my extracts and all grains. Blending their worts leads to some interesting flavours and styles as does yeast swaps. Your closest Brewnoser group is likely Southwest Nova Brewers Guild and they meet in Lunenburg County. I have a Festa blending matrix chart I could share and Rob Shaw at the Grain Barrel outside Lunenburg is a Festa distributor.
At Bat: several Czech Pils
On Deck: Cream Ale
In the Hole: Kolsch
Clean Up: Tall Ships Ale clones
On tap: Propeller Pils, Festa Cream Ale

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”