Page 1 of 1

Rye Beer Question

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:35 am
by Tim Gregory
Is it normal for a rye beer to be cloudy or did I screw something up?

It was about 20% malted rye, 80% pale malt.

It's a tasty beer so I'm not too concerned, just wondering if it is supposed to be this cloudy.

Re: Rye Beer Question

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:39 am
by mr x
All of my rye beers have cleared up nicely, with the exception being when I used yeasts that were low flocculating.

Re: Rye Beer Question

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:29 pm
by Tim Gregory
Maybe mine just needs a little more time. It looks almost like a hefe right now.

Re: Rye Beer Question

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:53 pm
by KMcK
Rye, hefe... you must bring us some!

Re: Rye Beer Question

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:21 pm
by Tim Gregory
Tomorrow night! :beer2: