Where do people go for grains?

A spot to talk general homebrew
Camdrumr
Name: Cameron Beare

Where do people go for grains?

Post by Camdrumr » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:28 pm

I’m new in the HRM and though Nobel Grape burnside has some basics I’m wondering about what if I want carafoam, victory or pale malts?

Is there a spot I can drive to I don’t know about? Is there a certain online spot people have had to resort to?

amartin
Award Winner 8
Award Winner 8

Re: Where do people go for grains?

Post by amartin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:21 pm

Maritime Beer and Wine has some of the more obscure malts I think, and if you’re ok waiting for the mail there’s East Coast Hoppers. I have a hard time believing anyone could taste the difference between amber and victory malt, or carafoam and catapils, at least in the amounts usually used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mumblecrunch
Award Winner 2
Award Winner 2
Name: Aaron

Post by mumblecrunch » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:48 pm

The NG in Bayers Lake still has a well stocked, and, as of 8-12 months ago, very well organized grain room with a pretty solid selection of specialty malts. Worth giving a call if you’re looking for something in particular.

That said, everyone I know in HRM who’s ordered from ECH has been pretty happy with the delivery times.

ConanTroutman
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ConanTroutman » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:17 pm

amartin wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:21 pm
Maritime Beer and Wine has some of the more obscure malts I think, and if you’re ok waiting for the mail there’s East Coast Hoppers. I have a hard time believing anyone could taste the difference between amber and victory malt, or carafoam and catapils, at least in the amounts usually used.

This is definitely true, I just find it hard to go back after having been spoiled for so long with having almost every malt I'd ever use being readily available :lol:

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”