Page 1 of 1

Regulator gasket/seal

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:05 am
by TimG
So I've made the typical newbie mistake of not paying attention to weather or not the gasket/washer seal on my regulator was in place for my last new 20 lb bottle.. two weeks later.. empty!! :stupid:

Can't find it anywhere.. so looking for a new one. Noble Grape? Home Depot? Trimmed down garden hose gasket?

Thanks

Re: Regulator gasket/seal

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am
by ratchet
give NG a call... they're always worth a shot.

If that's no dice, you can give the guy that Nash talks about a ring.

Re: Regulator gasket/seal

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:17 am
by Keggermeister
In a pinch I made one from a piece of windshield washer bottle cut into a disc. NG probably has them though.

Re: Regulator gasket/seal

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:25 am
by derek
TimG wrote:So I've made the typical newbie mistake of not paying attention to weather or not the gasket/washer seal on my regulator was in place for my last new 20 lb bottle.. two weeks later.. empty!! :stupid:

Can't find it anywhere.. so looking for a new one. Noble Grape? Home Depot? Trimmed down garden hose gasket?
I was there when he made the discovery that the tank was empty. It's a sad thing to see a grown man so broken...

Re: Regulator gasket/seal

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:40 am
by mr x
Most NG stores have them. But they can be cut from many materials as Nick alluded to.

Re: Regulator gasket/seal

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:58 pm
by TimG
Thanks guys, I'll see about making one if I can't make it to NG soon.

Re: Regulator gasket/seal

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:43 pm
by Jmac00
fairview fittings should have them as well maybe???

Re: Regulator gasket/seal

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:46 pm
by chalmers
Way too late, but ask at Don Brenton's next time. The guy there gave me one when he saw the plumber's tape on my bottle (which I learned is overkill when you've got the gasket in place).