Page 1 of 1

HOP VARIETIES

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:56 pm
by elreplica
Hey BN'ers...a few yrs back I planted three hop varieties (Liberty, Saaz & Northern Brewer). I lost the Saaz and moved the other two. I lost the location of the Liberty and NB and am not sure which is which. I do know that one is coned up quite a bit ahead of the other. My guess it's the NB but wanted to know if anyone knows how I can distinguish one from the other. TIA.

Re: HOP VARIETIES

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:16 pm
by JamesM80
This one's probably a stretch, but I know on an android phone you can take a pic and it will identify the plant, but I doubt it will catch the particular variety.

Here's a few links I found, but not sure if it will help.

https://bsgcraftbrewing.com/german-northern-brewer

https://learn.kegerator.com/liberty-hops/