Page 1 of 1
How do I cap 500ml Prop Pop Top Bottles?
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:25 pm
by jtmwhyte
My suspicion is that I need a 29mm bell for my bench capper, but I'm wondering if any of you have used these? Any thoughts?

Re: How do I cap 500ml Prop Pop Top Bottles?
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:49 pm
by CorneliusAlphonse
hmm... I know I've capped these before, and don't remember having any issues. I use a standard bench capper. Have you tried?
Re: How do I cap 500ml Prop Pop Top Bottles?
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:54 am
by amartin
I use them all the time, it's the same size, just use the same caps and capper.
Re: How do I cap 500ml Prop Pop Top Bottles?
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:55 am
by LiverDance
I was once told that the gold caps at NG are for non twist off bottles and the silver ones are for twist off bottles. I have followed this rule since hearing it and never had a problem with using the bench capper to get a tight seal.
Re: How do I cap 500ml Prop Pop Top Bottles?
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:15 am
by amartin
That's what I did too, but they've changed though, at least at the Burnside location. Now there's only the gold caps, but they're not the same as before, they're good for pry offs and twist offs. I didn't believe them at first, but since that was my only option I bought them. That was this summer, and I haven't had any failed seals.
Re: How do I cap 500ml Prop Pop Top Bottles?
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:07 pm
by jtmwhyte
LiverDance wrote:I was once told that the gold caps at NG are for non twist off bottles and the silver ones are for twist off bottles. I have followed this rule since hearing it and never had a problem with using the bench capper to get a tight seal.
I noticed that when I used the hand capper, but I didn't think anything of it. I had tried the silver unsuccessfully but the gold are up next (I've only seen them in Pictou)