Page 1 of 1

New To All Grain

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:59 pm
by Hyperstock
I was woundering where is the best place to get your gains? I live in Halifax area or is the web the way to go?

Re: New To All Grain

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:45 pm
by mckay75
I'm new as well to the all grain scene as well...and so far i've been getting my grains from Noble Grape.

Re: New To All Grain

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:52 pm
by Jimmy
We do group buys for grain, as well as a bunch of other stuff. It's all found in the group buy section of the forums. Other than that, Noble Grape is your best bet. Even though I'm taking part in the group buys, I still end up buying anywhere from 1-4lb of grain from Noble Grape for each brew (plus hops & yeast)

Re: New To All Grain

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:27 pm
by CorneliusAlphonse
I've bought my last 4 batches from noble grape, their selection has been good enough that i haven't had to make any changes yet. I've used all my own hops from group buys though.

Re: New To All Grain

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:05 pm
by Hyperstock
How dose the buyers group work? And thank you for all the replies.


Thanks Matt

Pri: empty
Sec: empty

Keg: festa brew red and stout
Morgan's Canadian Lager
Coopers Mexican cervesa

Re: New To All Grain

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:11 pm
by mr x
We get together use that leverage to save as much as possible on brewing supplies/gear.