Page 1 of 1
Where should I age my beer.
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:15 pm
by Steakinabottle
I need a little advice. I have a couple of batches of beer in carboys. They have been in the secondary for 9 days now. I have to go away for work and will be gone for 4-5 weeks. My question is should I let them age in my basement which is 52-56 degrees or in my livingroom which is 66-70. Thanks for any thoughts or advice.
Rene
Re: Where should I age my beer.
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:17 pm
by akr71
basement
66-70 seems too warm to me, unless for active fermentation
Re: Where should I age my beer.
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:20 pm
by mr x
Basement, or coolest place possible above freezing.
Re: Where should I age my beer.
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:00 pm
by NASH
45 - 55F and dark is ideal

Re: Where should I age my beer.
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:08 pm
by Steakinabottle
Thanks guys. In the basement it goes.
Re: Where should I age my beer.
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:31 pm
by Tony L
In my basement would be better. I'll look after it Real good for you.
Re: Where should I age my beer.
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 pm
by Steakinabottle
You're too far away Tony. I did get to try a storm brewing red ale last week. There were 4 bottles left on the display shelf at the Stevanger dr store. Good beer!