LHBS Discounts?

A spot to talk general homebrew
RobD
Verified User
Verified User

LHBS Discounts?

Post by RobD » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:03 am

Hey Folks,

Has the group ever tried to approach the LHBS about the possibility of getting Brewnoser discounts? From what I gather in my few months of being in this group, we're all constantly looking for better prices on homebrewing supplies, and routinely will go out-of-country to get better prices (especially now with the CDN $ being high). I'm sure most of us would prefer to support local business if the difference in price was reduced.

I ask because in a previous life, I enjoyed the tropical fish hobby and joined a group called "The East Coast Aquarium Society". Joining the group entitled me to receive a membership card which gave the holder a discount at most pet stores in NS/NB/PEI. The discounts were generally 15% off. I had to pay $10 to join the group, but they have since removed the membership fee. The card expired after 1 year.

-Ron

Tim Gregory
Award Winner 8
Award Winner 8
Name: Tim

Re: LHBS Discounts?

Post by Tim Gregory » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:22 am

NG gives us a 15% discount. Just tell them you're a brewnoser.

RobD
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RobD » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:28 am

Wow! Good to know.

15% off of everything in the store (grain, hops, co2, tubing, hardware, kegs..etc)?

ratchet
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ratchet » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:19 pm

I would assume that the discount would not apply to things with under a 15% markup (if such an item even exists).

IIRC, I've gotten discounts on grain, hops, sanitizer, and equipment.

Jimmy
Site Admin Award Winner
Site Admin Award Winner

Post by Jimmy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:25 pm

Tim Gregory wrote:NG gives us a 15% discount. Just tell them you're a brewnoser.
Nice, didn't know that!

RobD
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RobD » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:28 pm

I was just into NG in Bayer's Lake. They offer a 10% discount on *everything* in the store to Brewnosers members. You just have to tell them you're in the group, and then the discount will be automatically applied every time you go in the store and give them your phone number. Their customer database is not shared across stores, so if you shop at multiple stores, you'll have to tell them about the group at each store.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Yeah, the discount was hacked back to 10% a while back. :pow:
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”