Page 1 of 1

Just a Thank You

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 pm
by Stoker
I just wanted to thank everyone who take the time to put up the links to stuff for sale in the Classified section. I am just getting back into brewing and will be trying a CO2/Corny keg system for the first time. I have acquired a fair bit of gear through links from the Classified section. Here's one from Kijiji that seemed to get by everyone.

About three weeks ago I happen to see an ad entitled "Beer Making Kit Complete with Tank". The ad pictures just showed a Carboy and Fermentation bucket. I passed the ad by but went back to it a week later as the word "tank" intrigued me. I called and since it was around the corner, went out to see what the gear was that was for sale for a $100.

I ended up coming home with:

1 Corney keg 5lb CO2 about half full Regulator - needs one guage replaced Gas hose Beer Line with Picnic Tap Fermentation bucket, mixing spoon, & hydrometer 1 carboy, siphoning hose and racking cane with tip

When it was all said and done I bought the kit for $75.00. Thank god I saw the word tank in the ad.
I guess it shows to check out every ad even if it appears to be just for another fermentation bucket and carboy.
Good luck gear hunting.
Stoker

Re: Just a Thank You

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:06 pm
by Jimmy
Good to hear. I don't think I'd be brewing if I wasn't kegging. I just don't have the patience to bottle all that beer!

Re: Just a Thank You

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:08 pm
by mr x
:thumbup:

Good score.

Re: Just a Thank You

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:31 pm
by Stoker
Jimmy,

You nailed it. I got good results and compliments on my brews from my friends, but having to watch how you poured out a beer, priming the bottles etc it just got tiring. I'm looking forward to the first CO2 batch. I'm going to try the Festa brew Wheat ale. I am already looking at BIAB down the road and have snagged some of the gear I will need. Take care folks.

Stoker :cheers:

Re: Just a Thank You

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:36 pm
by homebrewcrew
Thats a nice haul congrats.

Re: Just a Thank You

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:07 pm
by bluenose
Stoker wrote:Jimmy,

You nailed it. I got good results and compliments on my brews from my friends, but having to watch how you poured out a beer, priming the bottles etc it just got tiring. I'm looking forward to the first CO2 batch. I'm going to try the Festa brew Wheat ale. I am already looking at BIAB down the road and have snagged some of the gear I will need. Take care folks.

Stoker :cheers:
I just finished a keg of the wheat ale and it was delish til the last drop