Page 1 of 1
Melanoidin - trade/sell?
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:15 am
by TimG
Considering making a nice West Coast IPA as my first BIAB brew on Sunday. Wouldn't mind using some Melanoidin instead of cara-pils. Anybody have excess they are intrested in trading/selling? I'm headed to the GB pickup and Rye tasting tomorrow for the exchange.
If I get no takers I'll just have to buy the little bag from NG.
Cheers
Re: Melanoidin - trade/sell?
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:31 am
by mr x
Should have posted this a few days ago when in NG with a big pile of it. FWIW, NCM says the amber malts are a reasonable substitute.
Re: Melanoidin - trade/sell?
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:33 am
by TimG

Maybe somebody else has a more local 'big pile'..
Re: Melanoidin - trade/sell?
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:40 am
by maltster
I have some I can trade. How much do you need?
Re: Melanoidin - trade/sell?
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:35 pm
by TimG
Thanks maltser, I just did some research and I think I'll just stick with a bit of carapils and a bit of crystal (say 10% total).
Cheers