Page 1 of 1

Best use for 50L Keg?

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:28 pm
by Jimmy
I picked up a new, free, 50L keg today...what should I do with it? lol

Re: Best use for 50L Keg?

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:40 pm
by LiverDance
DIY conical :-)

Re: Best use for 50L Keg?

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:02 pm
by Keggermeister
Build a keggle, if you don't need it give it to a friend who wants to brew!

Re: Best use for 50L Keg?

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:58 pm
by jeffsmith
They make great fermenters. I've got 3 here that I plan to do that with as soon as I can get my hands on a 58L one to use as a keggle.

Re: Best use for 50L Keg?

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 am
by GAM
Jimmy wrote:I picked up a new, free, 50L keg today...what should I do with it? lol
Jimmy

I have most of the parts for a fermenter if you want to take a look.

I think John and some others have a setup aswell.

Sandy

Re: Best use for 50L Keg?

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:48 am
by Jimmy
What's the advantage of using a keg as a fermenter vs a carboy?

Re: Best use for 50L Keg?

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:23 pm
by GAM
Light, size and I want to set it up to trancefer with CO2.

Rubber top and bottom ones work just as well .

Sandy