Page 1 of 1

3 am

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:27 pm
by Graham.C
Why is it always at 3am that things go wrong?

Last night I woke up to the sound of what I originally thought was my cat pissing in the kitchen (not something he has ever done before). I got up ready to be really pissed off when I noticed that the stout I kegged from the stalled fermentation was leaking (see this thread). I had put on a picnic tap to draw a sample two days earlier and foam was spraying out from the hose. When I went to vent some pressure, the hose popped off and sprayed down my kitchen in a gallon of beer or so. Obviously by racking I got the yeast active again, and spent a good hour cleaning in the wee hours because of it. If it wasn't for the expression on my girlfriends face when I came back to the bedroom dripping in beer I would be very upset right now. :lol:

Re: 3 am

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:28 pm
by Graham.C
On a related note, does anyone know how to get stout out of a plaster ceiling?

Re: 3 am

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:29 pm
by mr x
I know how to get it out of a carpet. Laminate.

Re: 3 am

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:29 pm
by KMcK
mgc wrote:On a related note, does anyone know how to get stout out of a plaster ceiling?
brown paint

Re: 3 am

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:45 pm
by GAM
PBW/Oxy?bleach.

Been there...

Sandy

Re: 3 am

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:51 pm
by RubberToe
Yeah, spray bottle of concentrated oxy might help.

Re: 3 am

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:19 pm
by bluenose
don't saturate too much, you could loosen the plaster... don't rub too hard either, you could damage it

Re: 3 am

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:41 pm
by homebrewcrew
Thats sucks good luck with the plaster

Re: 3 am

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 pm
by akr71
You know you are a home brewer when you have to use a mop on the ceiling...

white primer should cover it, & prob a better match to the rest of the ceiling than brown