Paintball tank + regulator

A spot to talk general homebrew
Jmac00
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Jmac00 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Instead of posting again in the other threads, i figured i'd start a new thread. Few ppl expressed interest for portable CO2 systems, i beleive someone ordered the adapter. I couldn't find the link at home but it was on my work computer...anyways, here it is. Some ppl might have this stuff lying around at home already...but if anyone feels like building one instead of buying the adapter, here's some info on how to do it.

http://www.schwedhelm.net/brew/biggasser.html

derekmac
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Paintball tank + regulator

Post by derekmac » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Paintball tank vs. sodastream tank.

They have the same thread.

They have the same valve.

The paintball tank thread is farther from the end than the sodastream tank. The result is when I screw the sodastream into the paintball it doesn't reach the point where a little nob pushed the pin in, so sodastream co2 will not go into the paintball gun.

I don't know if the opposite is true (if the paintball tank will work with the sodastream regulator) because my paintball tank is empty.

I would order a filling adapter for the paintball tank and assume that it works with, or can be modified to work with, the sodastream tank.

derekmac
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chalmers
Name: Chris

Post by chalmers » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks for the link, that looks like an interesting build.

I was able to find the Universal Fill Adapter at Banshee Paintball in Dartmouth, I'm sure the nipple and checkvalve are available at the usual suspects in town (Wolseley, TTL, etc), does anyone have a cheap source for regulator bodies like in the build?

Or maybe I am over thinking it, and should just get the adapter. Or the pre-fab regulator...

derekmac
Verified User
Verified User

Post by derekmac » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:31 pm

I found the 9oz version of the paintball cylinder for $22 + tax at walmart today. Empty.

derekmac
Verified User
Verified User

Post by derekmac » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Would the banshee adapter work for refilling and dispensing? Also, would it fit the sodastream bottle? If nobody knows the answer I will head over next week and find out.

derekmac
Verified User
Verified User

Post by derekmac » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:46 pm

I was at Banshee paintball this morning (122 Portland Street, above a stationary store). The guy who runs the place is great - highly recommended!

We tried the adapter (same style as photo) and it screwed on, but the thing that you screw down to depress the pin wouldn't reach. He fortunately had a box of junk/broken/discards which had the housing (no pin) for one of these adapters. It fits just fine. When I got home I found a long bolt with the same threads (standard thread you can probably buy at CT or any of those places) and I was able to screw it down to depress the pin. co2 flew out the hole.

So even though the adapter doesn't work, if you can get one and replace the pin, it will work for opening the valve.

My next project: fittings, hose and scale to refill the bottles from my 20# co2 tank.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chalmers
Name: Chris

Post by chalmers » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Sweet, it's coming along!
I'm looking forward to reaping the benefits of your time/labour. :)

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”