Page 1 of 2
Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:31 pm
by Graham.C
I am looking to get a tap handle for my keggarator when I thought that maybe I would like the brewnosers pint glass as a handle. Anyone have any idea what a custom order might run? I imagine a group buy would be the way to go, so is anyone else at all interested in this? I have no idea what it would cost (and I am sure that's the clincher for most) but I just thought I would throw the idea out there to see.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:57 pm
by mr x
Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I'm in NG for a few days, so my researching abilities are limited, but it could be worth checking into.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:20 pm
by KMcK
Great idea, although the logo on a regular tap handle would suffice for me. Rockbottom could use one, too.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:48 pm
by Timothy Doane
Awesome!
I know I'm new, But I'd love 1!
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:17 pm
by Graham.C
KMcK wrote:Great idea, although the logo on a regular tap handle would suffice for me. Rockbottom could use one, too.
I figured that might be the cheapest route, but a custom cut tap would be cool.
This guy is what I found after a lengthy 30 second internet search.
Does anyone know anyone with a decent wood shop that does this sort of thing? I've never tried to make anything like that but I think I could probably try to make a wood one and silk-screen on the logo at our lab here. Probably wouldn't require more then a band saw, a drill press and some bolts, but work has really picked up and I'm not sure I will have time to play for a while. I'm also not entirely sure how I would anchor the bolts, but it can't be that hard I've just never thought about it.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:07 pm
by Jmac00
small table leg? railing spindle? back spindles off old wooden chair? cut to length, add flat piece of wood to apply logo. Anyone with a wood lathe would be able to turn something and be creative...but i'm thinking of what's out there already to buy and slightly modify.
and the nut for the bottom of the handle can be bought at HD.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:13 pm
by Jimmy
What about sourcing something like those used at Rockbottom and having the logo screened on? I'm sure we know someone on here who could point us in the right direction....

Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:56 pm
by Graham.C
Jimmy wrote:What about sourcing something like those used at Rockbottom and having the logo screened on? I'm sure we know someone on here who could point us in the right direction....

When the hell did we get a

smiley?

Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:06 pm
by Jmac00
mgc wrote:
When the hell did we get a

smiley?

x2....that's funny right there
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:10 pm
by KMcK
Jmac00 wrote:mgc wrote:
When the hell did we get a

smiley?

x2....that's funny right there
It's for when you're too polite to use the words you're really thinking.

Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:20 pm
by Jimmy
mgc wrote:Jimmy wrote:What about sourcing something like those used at Rockbottom and having the logo screened on? I'm sure we know someone on here who could point us in the right direction....

When the hell did we get a

smiley?

Been on here all along

Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:22 pm
by Jimmy
Actually... I just added it tonight.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 pm
by homebrewcrew
lol thats funny x2 for sure.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:19 pm
by KMcK
Seeing that we keep coming up with ideas for things to brand with our new logo, I think it would be wise to have some high quality glossy stickers printed. We could apply them to things we want in small quantities that are a lot cheaper to buy off the shelf (generic tap handles, used tap handles that feature some horrid beer, home made tap handles, sleeve-style glasses, my beer fridge, growlers, Rick Perkins' bumper, kegs, kegerators, etc.) than to custom order.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:36 pm
by homebrewcrew
KMcK wrote:Seeing that we keep coming up with ideas for things to brand with our new logo, I think it would be wise to have some high quality glossy stickers printed. We could apply them to things we want in small quantities that are a lot cheaper to buy off the shelf (generic tap handles, used tap handles that feature some horrid beer, home made tap handles, sleeve-style glasses, my beer fridge, growlers, Rick Perkins' bumper, kegs, kegerators, etc.) than to custom order.
Great idea.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:18 am
by mr x
Well, chalmers has some stickers now, but they may be too big.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:30 am
by jeffsmith
mr x wrote:Well, chalmers has some stickers now, but they may be too big.
They're about 3" in diameter.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:09 am
by Downs
that is awesome
i would also be interested in a tap if the price were right
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:21 am
by Jayme
http://morebeer.com/search/102248/beerw ... ap_Handles
More Beer has some stuff listed that might be useful. Maybe they would give us a deal if there were enough people interested? I'm thinking the Pub Style handle ($13.95), with a ferrule ($3.95) and hanger bolt ($0.75) - actually the hanger bolts you can get locally, however not sure the price would be all that much better. Surely someone out there could make some small wooden plates to put a sticker on and bolt onto the handle. So yeah probably like $20 a handle going that route maybe?
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:22 am
by derek
Jayme wrote:http://morebeer.com/search/102248/beerw ... ap_Handles
More Beer has some stuff listed that might be useful. Maybe they would give us a deal if there were enough people interested? I'm thinking the Pub Style handle ($13.95), with a ferrule ($3.95) and hanger bolt ($0.75) - actually the hanger bolts you can get locally, however not sure the price would be all that much better. Surely someone out there could make some small wooden plates to put a sticker on and bolt onto the handle. So yeah probably like $20 a handle going that route maybe?
Kegworks sells a tap handle that you insert your own label in, but that could potentially end up costing more ($22.38)
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:45 am
by Jayme
derek wrote:Kegworks sells a tap handle that you insert your own label in, but that could potentially end up costing more ($22.38)
Where do you see one for $22.38? I only see this one that you can change up the labels:
http://www.kegworks.com/changeable-beer ... 391B28295A and it's $47.18
or this one where you would put a permanent label on:
http://www.kegworks.com/pub-style-beer- ... 77-p174767 for $33.01
$30 is starting to get a little pricey IMO but maybe they would give a deal if enough people wanted to order one. It certainly would be less effort.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:53 am
by bluenose
KMcK wrote:Seeing that we keep coming up with ideas for things to brand with our new logo, I think it would be wise to have some high quality glossy stickers printed. We could apply them to things we want in small quantities that are a lot cheaper to buy off the shelf (generic tap handles, used tap handles that feature some horrid beer, home made tap handles, sleeve-style glasses, my beer fridge, growlers, Rick Perkins' bumper, kegs, kegerators, etc.) than to custom order.
I like this idea... then it'd be just like Frank Red Hot Sauce... we can put that shit on everything

Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:09 pm
by Graham.C
bluenose wrote:KMcK wrote:Seeing that we keep coming up with ideas for things to brand with our new logo, I think it would be wise to have some high quality glossy stickers printed. We could apply them to things we want in small quantities that are a lot cheaper to buy off the shelf (generic tap handles, used tap handles that feature some horrid beer, home made tap handles, sleeve-style glasses, my beer fridge, growlers, Rick Perkins' bumper, kegs, kegerators, etc.) than to custom order.
I like this idea... then it'd be just like Frank Red Hot Sauce... we can put that shit on everything


Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:10 pm
by mr x
I use a hockey puck on my faucet at home for a handle. It's about 2 and 15/16''. I think I know where my sticker is going.
Re: Brewnoser Draft Handles
Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:40 pm
by jeffsmith
mr x wrote:I use a hockey puck on my faucet at home for a handle. It's about 2 and 15/16''. I think I know where my sticker is going.
Perfect fit!