Page 1 of 1

KegBot

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:14 am
by JohnnyMac
Although way beyond my skill set, thought this was pretty cool.

http://kegbot.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: KegBot

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:49 am
by GillettBreweryCnslt
Awesome, actually it's amazingly awesome. I often wonder where ppl get this kind of spare time, I mean, I barely have enough spare time to maintain average personal hygiene, let alone develop a complicated system of pulleys and levers to measure and upload drinking stats. Nor do I have the money to pay someone with the required smarts and expertise to build this for me. However, if either one of those situations ever changed, I'd be all over this like congerss on Roger Clemons.

Re: KegBot

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:57 am
by jeffsmith
I think the guy(s) that built this are Google employees, so they likely used their 20% time to build it (Google employees spend 80% of their time on company projects and 20% on personal tech related stuff).

Re: KegBot

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:27 pm
by adrianhensler
I was considering making one of these. I'm having a hard time with the cost of the flow meters. Seem to be $60 a pop for the Swissflow sf800.

If anyone is really interested, follow up here and maybe we can group an order for parts. I'm at least several weeks away from seriously looking at doing this.

I'm not completely sold on it, the finished product is neat, but getting there might turn out to be a hassle.

Assembling the boards and setting up the software looks fairly straightforward though.