Page 1 of 1

Less nosing, more brewing

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:21 pm
by dean2k
It's not beer and it's not much to look at. But this mead is my first precarious step down the home-brew path, not brewed in Andy's garage.

Image

Re: Less nosing, more brewing

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:33 pm
by Jimmy
This is homebrew worthy...off to General Homebrew Discussion you go.. :cheers2:

Re: Less nosing, more brewing

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:40 pm
by jeffsmith
Nice work Dean!

Re: Less nosing, more brewing

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:27 pm
by KMcK
Lemon meringue pie beer!

Re: Less nosing, more brewing

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:21 pm
by thirdeye
Christmas time can't come soon enough!

Re: Less nosing, more brewing

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:00 pm
by derek
KMcK wrote:Lemon meringue pie beer!
Ooh! That nails two of my favorites. Now, if only you can work "Lasagna" into it... (presumably with bacon)

Re: Less nosing, more brewing

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:56 pm
by akr71
:cheers2:

Re: Less nosing, more brewing

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:53 pm
by dean2k
Well... before I put some grains and hops in a big pot, I needed to know that I could turn sugar and yeast into something tasty and alcoholic on my own. So after 3+ months here's the results. And I dare say it's a success! Quite tasty, a wee cloudy, but a little high on the hooch. I'm hoping it mellows out over time. Sorry, no readings. I wanted to follow the spirit of buddy's ghetto instructions. Joe's Ancient Orange

Cheers BN'ers
Image

Re: Less nosing, more brewing

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:57 pm
by jeffsmith
Nice work Dean!

Re: Less nosing, more brewing

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:34 am
by Graham.C
I made Joes once. It was really boozy at 3 months, great by 6.

Re: Less nosing, more brewing

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:23 pm
by Tony L
dean2k wrote: I wanted to follow the spirit of buddy's ghetto instructions. Joe's Ancient Orange

Cheers BN'ers
Image
Just ain`t the same if it ain`t mead :cheers: but it do look nice anyway.

:mebeer: