Ordering from Kegconnection

A spot to talk general homebrew
benwedge
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Ben Wedge

Ordering from Kegconnection

Post by benwedge » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 pm

For anyone who has done this before, I'm wondering how long it took to get here, how much shipping will be, and how much you had to pay at the border. Trying to decide how worthwhile it is vs supporting a local (if sometimes somewhat overpriced) shop.

Additionally, if things look favourable, I may order before Monday, so I'll set up a group buy soon if people want to split on shipping costs.
Brewing right now: whatever is going on tap at Stillwell in a few weeks.

gyorke
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Gordon Yorke

Re: Ordering from Kegconnection

Post by gyorke » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:59 pm

I ordered in May 2010, and for the 2 keg kit including the 5lb tank and some other non kit stuff the USPS shipping came to $105. Originally they had charged me $135 but refunded $30 because final shipping came out to be less. I do not remember paying any duty, just taxes.

usstrejo

Post by usstrejo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:26 pm

I ordered a 2 keg kit with a dual reg and 2 ss steel perlicks, sanke tap, 5lb tank and shipping was about 30 dollars. It got here in 2 weeks. Why only 30 dollars? Because I am in American Navy and have a Military FPO address so it is like shipping to the states, but it arrives at my work at the Dockyard. I know I haven't gone to a meeting and I was going to go this past tuesday but the weather was crappy, I don't mind hooking you guys up.

chalmers
Name: Chris

Post by chalmers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:55 pm

usstrejo wrote:I ordered a 2 keg kit with a dual reg and 2 ss steel perlicks, sanke tap, 5lb tank and shipping was about 30 dollars. It got here in 2 weeks. Why only 30 dollars? Because I am in American Navy and have a Military FPO address so it is like shipping to the states, but it arrives at my work at the Dockyard. I know I haven't gone to a meeting and I was going to go this past tuesday but the weather was crappy, I don't mind hooking you guys up.
Welcome! And I have a feeling that with that sort of offer, you will be the most popular BrewNoser. I can certainly see this leading to a wonderful relationship. ;)
But seriously, welcome!

ratchet
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ratchet » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:10 pm

I *just* ordered a system from them (I posted it in the group buy section, but nobody wanted in on the order).

I got two regulators, two tanks, a 3gal corney, and some misc. stuff. (total ~$550)

IIRC, shipping was ~$65... duties were ~$55 more.

took 1.5 weeks to get here via USPS.

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”