Aroma Hop Tabs

A spot to talk general homebrew
LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Brian

Aroma Hop Tabs

Post by LiverDance » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:41 pm

I dropped a aroma hop tab in a english bitter that will be tapped next week, I'll let you know how it goes. From what Nash said i think these are the generic brand and not the cascade ones. I found some info on these here:

http://www.hopunion.com/hoparomatabs.html

:cheers3:
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

XmonikerX
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Dave

Re: Aroma Hop Tabs

Post by XmonikerX » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:16 pm

i'm going to give one of these a try on my next batch as well.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Cool. I have the price list for those, but they ain't cheap. I'm going to throw a tab in some vodka for fun.
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:58 am

So I tried my hop tabbed english bitter last night. It was terrible! Didn't even taste like beer. I'm not sure what those tabs are made of but putting them in beer seems to be a bad idea. I used 1 tab in a full corny keg and got pretty bad results.
"Twenty years ago — a time, by the way, that hops such as Simcoe and Citra were already being developed, but weren’t about to find immediate popularity — there wasn’t a brewer on earth who would have gone to the annual Hop Growers of American convention and said, “I’m going to have a beer that we make 4,000 barrels of, one time a year. It flies off the shelf at damn near $20 a six-pack, and you know what it smells like? It smells like your cat ate your weed and then pissed in the Christmas tree.” - Bell’s Brewery Director of Operations John Mallet on the scent of their popular Hopslam.

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:37 am

uh oh... :shock: :?

maybe it needs time after dosing... :geek:
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:29 am

I thought I heard Nash say it would take five days, and it was in the keg for 8 before I tried it :?

mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner

Post by mr x » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:36 am

:cry:

KMcK
Award Winner 1
Award Winner 1
Name: Kyle

Post by KMcK » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:41 am

LiverDance wrote:1029 Brewing Is Now Serving:
Miasmal Smoke - Classic Rauchbier
Yellow Bellied Freaks - Blonde Ale
Cold Hard Bitch - American Pale Ale
Sheep Go to Heaven, Goats Go to Ale - English Pale Ale
Imperial March - Imperial Schwartzbier
Hop Shaped Box - IIPA
What hours are you open?
McKeggerator:
  • no beer :(

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Unfortunately not right now :mmm:

NASH
CBA Award Winner
CBA Award Winner
Name: Nash

Post by NASH » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:07 pm

LiverDance wrote:So I tried my hop tabbed english bitter last night. It was terrible! Didn't even taste like beer. I'm not sure what those tabs are made of but putting them in beer seems to be a bad idea. I used 1 tab in a full corny keg and got pretty bad results.
Well I'm glad I gave those away :lol: :lol:

I'd be interested to have a taste of that. Did you taste the beer before you added the tab?

LiverDance
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6

Post by LiverDance » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm

I see what your plan was now :twisted: I did try the beer prior too and it was good, I will definatley get you some to try.

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”