Page 1 of 1

Aroma Hop Tabs

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:41 pm
by LiverDance
I dropped a aroma hop tab in a english bitter that will be tapped next week, I'll let you know how it goes. From what Nash said i think these are the generic brand and not the cascade ones. I found some info on these here:

http://www.hopunion.com/hoparomatabs.html

:cheers3:

Re: Aroma Hop Tabs

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:16 pm
by XmonikerX
i'm going to give one of these a try on my next batch as well.

Re: Aroma Hop Tabs

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:43 pm
by mr x
Cool. I have the price list for those, but they ain't cheap. I'm going to throw a tab in some vodka for fun.

Re: Aroma Hop Tabs

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:58 am
by LiverDance
So I tried my hop tabbed english bitter last night. It was terrible! Didn't even taste like beer. I'm not sure what those tabs are made of but putting them in beer seems to be a bad idea. I used 1 tab in a full corny keg and got pretty bad results.

Re: Aroma Hop Tabs

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:37 am
by mr x
uh oh... :shock: :?

maybe it needs time after dosing... :geek:

Re: Aroma Hop Tabs

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:29 am
by LiverDance
I thought I heard Nash say it would take five days, and it was in the keg for 8 before I tried it :?

Re: Aroma Hop Tabs

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:36 am
by mr x
:cry:

Re: Aroma Hop Tabs

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:41 am
by KMcK
LiverDance wrote:1029 Brewing Is Now Serving:
Miasmal Smoke - Classic Rauchbier
Yellow Bellied Freaks - Blonde Ale
Cold Hard Bitch - American Pale Ale
Sheep Go to Heaven, Goats Go to Ale - English Pale Ale
Imperial March - Imperial Schwartzbier
Hop Shaped Box - IIPA
What hours are you open?

Re: Aroma Hop Tabs

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:20 pm
by LiverDance
Unfortunately not right now :mmm:

Re: Aroma Hop Tabs

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:07 pm
by NASH
LiverDance wrote:So I tried my hop tabbed english bitter last night. It was terrible! Didn't even taste like beer. I'm not sure what those tabs are made of but putting them in beer seems to be a bad idea. I used 1 tab in a full corny keg and got pretty bad results.
Well I'm glad I gave those away :lol: :lol:

I'd be interested to have a taste of that. Did you taste the beer before you added the tab?

Re: Aroma Hop Tabs

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
by LiverDance
I see what your plan was now :twisted: I did try the beer prior too and it was good, I will definatley get you some to try.