Page 1 of 1

Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:40 am
by jtmwhyte
They're Back! Picked one up at Water N' Wine in New Glasgow yesterday.

I wanted to pick one up last year and have since gone completely all-grain. I got one anyway for old time sake. Thinking of dry hopping with some Cascade/Simcoe.

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:30 am
by chalmers
Sounds like a good plan to me, dry-hopping that will be great.

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:58 pm
by mr x
Does anybody know what the price is at NG?

Sent from my Nexus S

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:03 pm
by sleepyjamie
I think they are around $45

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:24 pm
by sleepyjamie
i dry hopped the besta brew west coast ipa with about 4 oz of hops once. totally different beer.

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:00 pm
by derek
sleepyjamie wrote:i dry hopped the besta brew west coast ipa with about 4 oz of hops once. totally different beer.
FOUR ounces? Nash, can you taste that? Sheesh, dry-hopping, I start at 4 oz/5 gal and work up. My wife objects to anything less than twice that.

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:03 pm
by Stusbrews
Has anyone tried NG's partial kits? I was tempted yesterday.
Saw one called Best (not West)Coast IPA that said it had 1/2 lb of hops and was $35 I believe.
thought about grabbing it for kicks, but went with the smash. Ive never done a partial tho...

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 pm
by LeafMan66_67
The NG kits are good - steeping grains and extract - makes a quick brew.

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:14 pm
by Tony L
Yeah, I was talking to my buddy in Prospect Bay last night and he told me they were at Noble Grape again.
I did love the samples he sent me last year.

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:30 pm
by HoweFox
Not available at Sackville location yet. Was in there yesterday (picked up a wine kit on their 3 day 20% off sale) and they said it would be a couple more weeks before they get the IPA in.

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:37 pm
by Graham.C
I've never done a festa, I jumped strait into PG then AG. Based on your conversation here and the fact I have some extra hops I want to use up in the freezer I ordered one from my local HBS. Gonna give it a hard hit of dry hops and see how it goes.

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:03 pm
by Jimmy
HoweFox wrote:Not available at Sackville location yet. Was in there yesterday (picked up a wine kit on their 3 day 20% off sale) and they said it would be a couple more weeks before they get the IPA in.
They just posted on their facebook page that it's available now...for anyone looking to pick one up :cheers2:

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 pm
by Jimmy Vaughn
I know I look forward to getting one on - a buddy of mine raves about them - I want to put one on straight and dry hop another :)

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:38 pm
by jtmwhyte
chalmers wrote:Sounds like a good plan to me, dry-hopping that will be great.
Dry hopping with "some" Cascade and Simcoe turned into 6 ounces of blend (5 in Primary after fermentation and 1 in a stainless herb ball in the keg). I regret nothing! :rockin:

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:49 am
by jacinthebox
It's really good ...hoppy I brewed it lol

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:34 pm
by mr x
:rockin: :lol:

Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:34 pm
by Graham.C
jtmwhyte wrote:
chalmers wrote:Sounds like a good plan to me, dry-hopping that will be great.
Dry hopping with "some" Cascade and Simcoe turned into 6 ounces of blend (5 in Primary after fermentation and 1 in a stainless herb ball in the keg). I regret nothing! :rockin:
:lol: Go man go!


Re: Festa Brew West Coast IPA

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 pm
by BenFrank
Yum!

Kegged my Festa WC IPA Sunday, 30psi for about 30 hours in the kegerator shaking it upright in the keg for about 30 seconds a few times...

Just brought it down to about 8psi for a sample taste - YUM!

Best Festabrew I've ever done.

Skipped secondary too, straight from bucket to keg.

Alittle hazzy but MUCH better than the other kit brews I've done.

I've brought it back up to 30 PSI and will leave it there for maybe another day for more carb.