Page 1 of 1

Want to feel better about yourself? Read this.

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:13 pm
by vgoreham
So, talk about mistakes you only make once..

I was cleaning out some kegs that I've let sit around for a bit too long. I usually dump my kegs outside, or on the tub, but for some reason I thought the toilet would be a better choice (it does make sense, amiright?).

The short story is that this isn't a good idea if you've dryhopped the keg with a large teaball full of hops. Into the toilet she goes (plop!), up and around the bend. Let's just say the next couple of hours were pretty crappy (harhar). Had to take the toilet off to fish out the stupid teaball out. At least the hops have antibacterial properties, right?

Hopefully this is a homebrewing mistake that you guys will never make :x .

Re: Want to feel better about yourself? Read this.

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:58 pm
by jason.loxton
Well, at least the good news is you won't have to buy a new tea ball! :spilly:

Re: Want to feel better about yourself? Read this.

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:58 pm
by vgoreham
jason.loxton wrote:Well, at least the good news is you won't have to buy a new tea ball! :spilly:
That's right. Next time I bring some homebrew, beware of the nutty flavour.

Re: Want to feel better about yourself? Read this.

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:28 pm
by CorneliusAlphonse
i always dump my kegs in the toilet. i'll have to try to remember this if im every dry hopping in the keg

Re: Want to feel better about yourself? Read this.

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:07 pm
by Dirt Chicken
shitty deal