Diacetyl rest temps?

A spot to talk general homebrew
Post Reply
User avatar
sleepyjamie
Award Winner 5
Award Winner 5
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 pm
Name: jamie
Location: Calgary

Diacetyl rest temps?

Post by sleepyjamie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Ive got two ales brewing around 17 deg. I wanna keg these guys a little sooner. Normally I wait three weeks without increasing the temp. Was wondering if I wanna keg this sooner should I do a diatecyl rest at a higher temp for a few days first? Then crash and force carb?



When brewing ales

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
On Tap:
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)

User avatar
berley
Award Winner 5
Award Winner 5
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:04 am
Name: Shawn
Location: Fredericton
Contact:

Re: Diacetyl rest temps?

Post by berley » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:49 pm

What yeast(s) are you using?
Co-author of the Atlantic Canada Beer Blog
http://meekbrewingco.blogspot.ca

User avatar
NASH
CBA Award Winner
CBA Award Winner
Posts: 4085
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:33 pm
Name: Nash
Location: Halifax, NS
Contact:

Re: Diacetyl rest temps?

Post by NASH » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:30 pm

sleepyjamie wrote:Ive got two ales brewing around 17 deg. I wanna keg these guys a little sooner. Normally I wait three weeks without increasing the temp. Was wondering if I wanna keg this sooner should I do a diatecyl rest at a higher temp for a few days first? Then crash and force carb?



When brewing ales

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
2 days at 17 is plenty of time for the rest.....


Transmitted from the hop-phone.

User avatar
sleepyjamie
Award Winner 5
Award Winner 5
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 pm
Name: jamie
Location: Calgary

Re: Diacetyl rest temps?

Post by sleepyjamie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:34 pm

S05

So I'm safe to crash cool and keg these after 10 days?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
On Tap:
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)

User avatar
mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner
Posts: 13764
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Halifax/New Glasgow

Re: Diacetyl rest temps?

Post by mr x » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:58 pm

yeah for sure
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

User avatar
sleepyjamie
Award Winner 5
Award Winner 5
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 pm
Name: jamie
Location: Calgary

Re: Diacetyl rest temps?

Post by sleepyjamie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:01 pm

mr x wrote:yeah for sure
good. if thats the case then i might be able to bring an american brown ale to Hunters saturday.
On Tap:
Falconers Galaxy IPA
Simcoe SMaSH
Topaz SMaSH
Cranberry Rye Saison
Monde Souterrain (Dark Saison)

User avatar
mr x
Mod Award Winner
Mod Award Winner
Posts: 13764
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Halifax/New Glasgow

Re: Diacetyl rest temps?

Post by mr x » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:04 pm

I'm on the same schedule with the same yeast at the same temps for my last ipa. Was thinking of taking mine down, but might take a 3 gal of stout and Pihney's handpump
At Alexander Keith's we follow the recipes first developed by the great brewmaster to the absolute letter. :wtf:

Post Reply

Return to “General Homebrew Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests