Page 1 of 1

Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 am
by sleepyjamie
Was wondering if anyone would lend or sell me 1/2 bag of 2row until the next NCM. I have to make a few batches of beer for a contest at work for Movember and likely wont have enough malt!

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:21 pm
by Tim Gregory
The bag you gave me last week is still sitting in my workroom if you want to reborrow it.

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:40 pm
by sleepyjamie
Lol. Well I wouldn't want to impose.
I may take u up on the offer.


Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:08 pm
by Tim Gregory
No worries. I've got enough to hold me over. I'm on a Belgian kick so I'm mainly just going through pilsner malt right now anyway.

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:32 pm
by Stusbrews
Just out of curiosity, whats a bag of NCM grain worth? I paid 50+ for 2 row at NG and it sure didnt last long, so thinkin this might be a plan if possible.

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 pm
by mr x
There's a catalogue link somewhere in the group buy section. About half price.

Sent from my Nexus S

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 pm
by TimG
I worked it out the other day, a bag of Pale with shipping and the 5% BN fund is basically $40. Will vary by a $ or two depending on what it actually is.

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:54 pm
by Stusbrews
Thanks for that guys. Dont think Ill be going that way tho..for the sake of storage, it works out to $2/batch extra to simply grab it when I need it, altho some of the of the ones NG doesnt carry may be of interest tho...we'll see.

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:25 pm
by mr x
$37.72 for 2 row. NG has either reduced their markup, or are still selling their old stock at the older prices.

Edit: The price indicated above is what we pay at our gb's. I have no idea what NG charges.

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:47 pm
by Dirt Chicken
Holy crap!! I bought a bag at NG a few weeks back, if it's cheep right now I might have to pick up 2 to tide me,over till next GB:mrgreen:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:23 pm
by mr x
The price I listed is what we pay on gb's

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:35 pm
by Stusbrews
2 row is $54 at NG. —

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 pm
by Dirt Chicken
Stusbrews wrote:2 row is $54 at NG. —
:shock:


Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 am
by sleepyjamie
did anyone confirm if it is cheaper at NG?

Re: Borrow/buy 2row?

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:19 pm
by Stusbrews
Stusbrews wrote:2 row is $54 at NG. —
No, its definitely not cheaper..even with the 5/10% off. But not really that much more either considering you can grab it anytime, dont need to store it, and no delivery charges.